A Tour of authentic Indian street food in Delhi
We offer personalized Indian street food + sight seeing tours in Delhi for small private groups. Duration of an average tour is 6-7 hours and includes 15-18 Indian food dishes from different places.
For the tour, we will pick up from a convenient location, preferably central Delhi, guide you around the places agreed beforehand, pay for your food + non-alcoholic drinks and drop you back at a pre-agreed place. We’ll guide you about the dish, the way to eat it and even it’s history if you’d like. For example, did you know that butter chicken was invented in a restaurant called Moti Mahal located in Daryaganj, central Delhi? The tour will include not just thefood attractions, but also some great landmarks and offbeat but worth visiting places of Delhi.
The tour locations are set by different areas of Delhi. Our most popular street food tours by order are in Old Delhi, South Delhi, Central, East, West and North. Depending upon which places you want to see and food you want to enjoy, we can arrange food tour of one or more than one area.
There is also an extra option, which involves you deciding the time, places and what to do.
The eating part will include sampling different varieties of street food from various places in the interinery. Food is all that you can eat, but we’ll advise you to have a little of everything and enjoy the variety. We place a lot of stress on hygiene and only trusted and safe vendors which serve good and hygienic food are on our list. Apart from the usual and must see, you’ll also see some under-rated and less explored places of Delhi which very few people know about. These places are not listed on most tourist guides. A lot of very good photo-opportunities and bragging rights are on line.
Food Tour Guidelines:
1) Indian food is usually spicy without being hot spicy. If you prefer non-spicier versions, then please mention it. It can be customised.
2) Number of dishes during the food tour easily cross 15, sometimes even more. So we recommend starting the tour on an empty stomach and tasting a little of everything.
3) During tour, we'll provide you with bottled water, wipes, hand sanitizer and in case you need it, antacid. So you do not need to carry them with you.
4) If you need to cancel a tour, please let us know at least 2 days in advance.
5) Please carry all your medications with you and let us know of any existing medical condition like allergies and dietary preferences in advance.
Suitable for kids.
Pick up and drop in air conditioned car, Unlimited Food, non-alcoholic drinks, bottled water, sanitizer, completely private & excuslive tours.
Alcoholic drinks, entry fees to some monuments if included in tour
Please bring your booking confirmation.
This deal can be cancelled for free up to 5 days before the date of the activity.