The best way to see the Mona Lisa is without the crowds that almost always surround her.
As one of the world’s most famous paintings, the Mona Lisa rarely gets much peace. During regular visiting hours she is almost constantly mobbed by hundreds of people, severely compromising any time you get to spend with her. In order to avoid the crowds, we’ll take you to see her after most visitors have left and give you plenty of space to enjoy her beauty.
Tested and perfected through countless research trips, your itinerary inverts the normal Louvre route so that you save the Mona Lisa for last, just as the museum is closing. Before that you will enjoy a full 2.5 hours of art viewing, allowing you to see much more than other visitors who are on the normal tours that try to fit the rest of the museum into 1.5 hours.
During the tour, your guide will show you Louvre’s most treasured sights, including the historic foundations of the Kings’ palace moat, Greek and Roman sculptures like the ‘Venus de Milo’, ‘Cupid & Psyche’, and Michelangelo’s ‘Slaves’; and many of the greatest works ever created by French artists such as ‘Liberty Leading the People’ by Delacroix and ‘The Raft of Medusa’ by Géricault. You’ll also see France’s old crown jewels, the world famous ‘Winged Victory’ monument, and works from Italian painters like Caravaggio, Raphael, and da Vinci.
There are many ways to see the Louvre, but only one way shows you all the best works and gets you in front of the Mona Lisa after most of the crowds have left. Your guide takes care of all the time and logistics so all you have to do is enjoy the art.
• Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
• Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
• Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
• As with all museums, particular galleries of the Louvre museum may be closed without prior notice, or pieces may be removed for restoration or loan. In this case, your guide will make an appropriate substitution.
• To ensure the safety of visitors, French authorities enforce security measures upon entry to the Louvre. Suitcases, luggage, and larger bags are not allowed inside. Only bags smaller than 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm are permitted. Please accept our apologies for any delay or inconvenience caused by extra security checks.
• Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
• Skip the line tickets to the Louvre
• Small groups of 15 or fewer
• Expert guide
• Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Your meeting point is at the Arc du Carousel. The Arc du Carousel (a triumphal arch) is located inside the Place du Carousel, standing between the Louvre Pyramid and the Tuileries Gardens. When facing the Arc du Carousel, with the Louvre pyramid behind you, there are two winged female statues in front of the Arch. The meeting point is located at the left statue (southern end of square). Your guide will be holding a Walks sign. Arriving by taxi: Ask your driver to drop you off at Arc du Carousel of the Louvre, 75001 Paris. When facing the Arc du Carousel, with the Louvre pyramid behind you, there are two winged female statues in front of the Arch. Meet at the left statue (southern end of square). Your guide will be holding a Walks sign. French directions for taxi driver: “Je dois aller à l’Arc du Carousel du Louvre, merci.” Arriving by Metro: Metro station Palais Royal-Musée du Louvre, Line 1 and 7. Follow the sign "sortie" (exit). Take the exit “sortie #1” named "Passage Richelieu.” Cross the street and take the corridor "Passage Richelieu" to reach the Louvre courtyard. When facing the Arc du Carousel, with the Louvre pyramid behind you, there are two winged female statues in front of the Arch. Meet at the left statue (southern end of square). Your guide will be holding a Walks sign.
Please bring your booking confirmation.
No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
This deal can be cancelled for free up to 3 days before the date of the activity.
We don't like fake ratings. Only rent-a-guide customers can rate deals in which they participated. After an activity took place, customers receive a mail in which they are asked to rate the tour. This way, we guarantee authentic reviews.
Personal rights are important: Our customers decide on their own whether they want their real name or a pseudonym to be displayed.