Visit León town and ride sandboard at Cerro Negro. The most adventurous can try sandboarding on the volcano! It's a lot of fun.
Visit the cathedral and museums of León.
Explore the volcano Cerro Negro and feel the heat.
Use this ideal place for sanboarding.
Cerro Negro is an active 726 meter high volcano in the northwest of León. It is one of the youngest volcanoes in the world. After heavy rains, the main crater collapsed and its last eruption in 1999 opened three new craters at its base. Its pitch-black, loose gravel cone makes it an ideal location for sandboarding. The adventure begins with custom-made sandboards or sledges. The volcano also offers a spectacular view of the nearby Maribio volcanic chain.
Despite its low altitude, it is a fairly steep climb to the top of the volcano. Make sure you bring plenty of water, a cap and a generously applied sunscreen. The 500 metre long ride on an even steeper slope is an adrenaline rush. There's nothing to worry about. You will be accompanied by certified guides and wear protective equipment to ensure that your adrenaline rush does not conflict with your safety.
• Round trip to León City & Cerro Negro
• 1 bottle of water
• Typical snacks and drinks
• Local Guide & Fee for Nature Reserves
• sandboarding protective equipment
• Entrance to the Cathedral of León; visit to the Rubén Darío Museum & visit to the Museum of Legends and Traditions.
Private tour: Pick up at your hotel/hostal at any time between 08:00am and 10:00am (local time)
• Cancellations received between 7 and 10 days before the start of the trip will incur a charge of 40% of the total value of the program for administrative expenses.
• Cancellations received between 4 and 6 days before the start of the trip will have a 55% charge on the total value of the program or the deposit or advance payment that has previously been received from the agency or client will be withheld.
• Cancellations received 2 days before the trip and no show (NO SHOW) at the beginning of the services, will have a charge of 100% on the total value of the program.
This deal can be cancelled for free up to 3 days before the date of the activity.
We don't like fake ratings. Only rent-a-guide customers can rate deals in which they participated. After an activity took place, customers receive a mail in which they are asked to rate the tour. This way, we guarantee authentic reviews.
Personal rights are important: Our customers decide on their own whether they want their real name or a pseudonym to be displayed.