Get priority entry without queuing for the Florence Duomo and save hours of waiting and enjoy breathtaking views over Florence.
Visit the Accademia Gallery and the Cathedral Baptistery without queuing up
Get special access to the masterpieces in the Cathedral Museum
Enjoy an unforgettable view over the city from the cathedral terrace
This exclusive tour to David and the Cathedral lets you skip the queues at two of Florence's greatest attractions and you can admire some of the greatest works of art and architecture of the Italian Renaissance. Visit Michelangelo's'David' before most visitors arrive; climb the dome of Florence without queuing; explore areas of the cathedral that are normally closed to the public; and explore the Cathedral Museum and Baptistry.
You start your tour in the morning with a meeting with your local guide and a small group of 15 or fewer people outside the Accademia. Before the other visitors arrive, you will admire Michelangelo's "David" and his unfinished sculptures, known as "slaves", which give an incredible insight into the spirit of the great artist.
Continue to the Cathedral Baptistery, famous for its replicas of bronze doors called the "gates of paradise" (don't worry, you'll see the real ones later in the Cathedral Museum). Explore the interior of the Baptistry full of beautiful art and fascinating stories about the Medici family, all of whom were baptized here.
From there your guide will take you to the Cathedral Museum to show you what the original facade of the cathedral actually looked like. There you will also see masterpieces by Michelangelo and Donatello. From the museum you can reach the cathedral without having to queue, where you have special access to a room filled with original statues from the façade of the cathedral. Your guide will bring the incredible history of the Cathedral's construction to life as you explore the building. Your special access extends to the cathedral itself, where you step over the velvet ropes to see details at close range.
We've saved the best for last. After you have seen everything there is to see in the cathedral, visit the cathedral terraces, where you will use a special entrance to skip the (always long) queue and climb all the way up to the top of the cathedral to enjoy the most beautiful views of the city.
• Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
• Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure. Note: We advise our clients that the Cathedral of Florence is subject to closure during special celebrations/festivities, including the Easter ceremonies. If this occurs during your visit, we will run an alternative itinerary that includes and explanation of the Cathedral from the outside and extra highlights of the city center. We are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
• Please remember that the Duomo (Cathedral) is a holy place and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
• Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
• Comfortable walking shoes recommended. •In some cases, it may not be possible to enter the Bapistry on your guided tour due to long security lines. At these times your guide will skip the Opera del Duomo Museum and provide tickets to visit the Museum on your own ( they are valid for 3 days).
•Please note that guests can only carry small handbags inside the Accademia. Larger backpacks and big pointy umbrellas are not allowed. Please also note there is no cloakroom inside the Accademia Gallery.
• Skip the line tickets to the Accademia Gallery
• Skip the line tickets to the Baptistery and Duomo Museum
• Special access inside the Duomo
• Skip the line access to climb the dome
• Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
You will see the exact meeting point in your booking confirmation.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund. - For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability. - For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
This deal can be cancelled for free up to 3 days before the date of the activity.
We don't like fake ratings. Only rent-a-guide customers can rate deals in which they participated. After an activity took place, customers receive a mail in which they are asked to rate the tour. This way, we guarantee authentic reviews.
Personal rights are important: Our customers decide on their own whether they want their real name or a pseudonym to be displayed.