During the tour of the old town of Kaunas you will be introduced to the rich history and culture of one of Lithuania's oldest cities.
Discover the beautiful old town of Kaunas
Take a look at the magnificent medieval buildings
Learn amazing stories and legends about the city
The old town of Kaunas is one of the most beautiful places in Lithuania. Learn more about its history and legends and see magnificent medieval buildings.
Kaunas has a very extensive and interesting history. It was the gate of Lithuania that defended the city from German crusaders. It was also a very important place for regional trade. All this has made the city as beautiful and diverse as it is today.
During the tour you will visit these sights in the old town of Kaunas:
- Kaunas Castle: a medieval building that defended the city from the Crusaders.
- Little Vatican: a complex of monasteries and churches in very small rooms.
- Town Hall Square and Town Hall: the square is surrounded by small cosy houses and located in the middle is the "White Swan", the Town Hall of Kaunas.
- St. Paul and St. Peter Cathedral: one of the oldest religious buildings.
- St. Xavier Church: a baroque church built by Jesuits.
- Donnerhaus: a splendidly decorated merchant's house.
- Vytautas Church: a cozy Gothic church that suffered from floods.
- Vytautas, the Great Bridge: "the longest bridge" in the world.
Please contact me before booking to make an appointment for the tour.
• 1,5-hour guided walk in the old town of Kaunas
This deal can be cancelled for free up to one day before the date of the activity.
We don't like fake ratings. Only rent-a-guide customers can rate deals in which they participated. After an activity took place, customers receive a mail in which they are asked to rate the tour. This way, we guarantee authentic reviews.
Personal rights are important: Our customers decide on their own whether they want their real name or a pseudonym to be displayed.