Viewpoints, old districts of Chiado and Alfama, including tram ride.
• Rossio Square and Station
• Figueira Square
• Restoration Square
• Liberty Avenue
• Portas de Santo Antão Street - Lisbon’s Broadway
• The Carmo ruins
• Iron Lift viewpoint
• Chiado – poets and shopping
• Bairro Alto - the bohemian district
• Tram ride to Portas do Sol Square viewpoint
• Alfama quarter – the oldest of Lisbon
• Cathedral – the oldest church
• The Commerce Square – the symbol of Portuguese political power
This walking tour provides you with an excellent overview of the main sites of the old districts, the 1755 earthquake and Lisbon’s reconstruction. It is a unique opportunity to learn about Lisbon’s history while interacting with its inhabitants.
Smell and feel the city, enjoy the city’s unique light and Tagus River from breathtaking viewpoints.
Walk through the elegant neighbourhood of Chiado with its trendy shops, a place of culture as well. Get to the Carmo Square were the Democratic Revolution of 1974 ended.
Take the typical tram, used also by the locals and walk through the narrow alleys of the oldest district of Lisbon – the former Moorish quarter of Alfama, the old Jewish quarter and pass nearby the famous Fado music restaurants.
Taste the typical Custard Tart and the renowned Ginginha cherry liqueur. Enjoy one of Europe’s largest and most beautiful squares – the Commerce Square.
• Food and drinks - Custard tart and cherry liqueur
• Entrance tickets to monuments (if applicable)
• Tram ticket (2,80€).
Rossio Square (Praça D. Pedro IV) or hotel if located in the Centre of Lisbon 1100-202
Please bring your booking confirmation.
This deal can be cancelled for free up to 2 days before the date of the activity.
We don't like fake ratings. Only rent-a-guide customers can rate deals in which they participated. After an activity took place, customers receive a mail in which they are asked to rate the tour. This way, we guarantee authentic reviews.
Personal rights are important: Our customers decide on their own whether they want their real name or a pseudonym to be displayed.